Here are some press coverage extracts in the local, national and international media. It is important to stress that Maison Nomade has been recognised nationally and internationally by worldwide platforms such as Tripadvisor, Booking.com and Trivago:
- Richard Bangs is a well-known American explorer, adventurer and writer who visited us some time ago. Richard contributes regularly with The Huffington Post and it is precisely there that he published the 10 best hotels in the world in 2017, Maison Nomade making the list.
9) Maison Nomade Eco B&B, Pucón, Chile
Sometimes the view trumps all. This might be the case here, as the view out the window is the most daunting and jaw-dropping imaginable. The looming, smoking Villarrica Volcano looks like it’s about to blow (it last erupted in 2015). The scene looks impossible, like something from a disaster movie, with good CGI. It all gives a frission of danger to a stay, a sense of the sublime, and goosebumps ripple every time I turn towards the glass.
But in this case, the little wooden inn offers more than a crushingly awesome view. It is an intimate experience curated by the well-traveled owners Carolina and Alain, and their four kids, two dogs and a cat. In a serene garden setting, the property feels like Eden before the snake bite. It is calming, and when looking to the sky, thrilling. I take a room on the top floor, where there is a common area with brimming bookshelves and comfy couches, and I use these to pore through some local titles, trying, in vain, to avoid looking out the window. Each morning Carolina y Alain lovingly prepare an organic homemade break-feast, with everything locally sourced (the honey, from their own bee hives, is the nectar of the gods, and I buy four jars from their shelf). The hosts then sit down like close friends to talk about the possibilities of the day.
Pucon is the adventure capital of South America, and from here it is a paddle away to some of the world’s best whitewater rafting and kayaking (I head down a section of the Trancura), as well as climbing, fishing, boating on the lake, skiing, biking, soaking in hot springs, hiking in Huerquehue National Park, and some fantastic eats, including traditional Mapuche Indian cuisine. Across the street is Amankay, a hyper-local café in which all the ingredients are sourced within 500 meters of the kitchen, including the free-range “happy chickens.” Few places make a visit feel like returning to a family home, but this is one, all under the smooth white neck of the watchful mother volcano.
— Richard Bangs, Huffington Post, © 2017
- Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice Award in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 in the Bed & Breakfasts and Inns category. This year we were ranked No. 1 in Chile and No. 3 in South America (see links below);
- Booking.com Award of Excellence in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 with an average score of 9.7;
- Ranked 13 in Trivago 2015 online reputation ranking of the Top 25 hotels of Chile.
- La Tercera Finde
- http://www.elmostrador.cl/ahora/2014/02/20/alojamientos-de-seis-regiones-optaron-por-sellos- de-calidad-y-sustentabilidad/
- http://www.calidadturistica.cl/noticias/conoce-las-distintas-opciones-de-alojamientos-segun-tu- viaje/